Hello everyone, I’m back with another beauty-related post this time around!
Today I’ll be sharing with everyone my makeup routine on a daily basis. First of all, I do wear makeup every day for the following reasons:
- Having to work and go to the office from Monday to Friday means that you have to look presentable to your superiors, clients, and to your fellow co-workers! Although there is no clear-cut, written rule about wearing makeup per se, it’s always a good practice for anyone (and everyone) to always look their best.
- On Saturdays, (although it isn’t all the time) I go out with my family–whether it’s just to eat outside for lunch, or if there are any special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Sunday, like in most Filipino families, is family day for us, so we go to Church and as much as possible, have lunch outside with my extended family.
So unless I am going to stay at home and watch Korean dramas, I always always have at the very least–foundation and eyebrow makeup on. Wearing makeup everyday isn’t a very good practice, but if you must wear makeup every day like I do–it’s very important to cleanse thoroughly and come up with a comprehensive skincare routine to combat the harsh effects of makeup on your skin. Soon I will talk about how I care for my skin on a daily basis but that will be saved for a separate (and possibly lengthy) post.
So here’s how my daily makeup routine goes!
For the first step, I always make sure to apply primer before any shape or form of makeup. Primer is a must, at least for me because it serves as the base that not only smoothens pores, fills in fine lines, it also helps your makeup last longer.
For today’s makeup, I used Elizavecca’s Skin Liar Primer! (PHP280 off of Althea.kr). This however, isn’t the only primer that I use regularly. Other primers that I am currently using are: Banila Co.’s Prime Primer (Matte), and the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm (Sensitive). Both of which are part of the cult favorites of Youtube Beauty Creators and other beauty bloggers.
The second step is to apply my base makeup: concealer, foundation, and powder!
I apply concealer to the general under eye area, and right now certain spots on my chin to brighten and cover up skin discolorations (such as acne scars). The concealers that I regularly use are the Maybelline FitMe! Concealer in Sand (PHP299 from Beauty MNL) and Etude House‘s Surprise Essence Concealer in 2호 / Natural Beige. The latter of the two is darker in shade and I use more for spot correction, while I use the FitMe! Concealer more for highlighting and to brighten my dark circles under the eye.
Next up is the foundation. So far, I’ve used a variety of products to even out my skin tone–BB creams, CC creams, and cushion foundations (both in BB and CC form). Currently, I’m cycling between two products: The Face Shop‘s Oil Control Water Cushion in V201 / Apricot Beige and the Color Change variety of Nature Republic‘s Super Origin CC Cream.
On to the powder to set my make-up! I have combination skin, so there are oily patches of my skin (the T-zone in particular) that absolutely need me to apply powder on before moving on to the rest of my routine. The powders that I usually use to set, control shine, and eventually retouch my makeup are the Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Pact and the By Flower Powder Pact in 21호 / Nude Beige from Nature Republic. I’ve hit the pan on both of these products already, and I strongly recommend the Innisfree powder for retouching oily parts of your skin in the middle of the day!
Third in my makeup routine related to my eyebrow and eye makeup!
For my eyebrows, I use two different products. First, I use The Face Shop‘s Lovely Me:ex Style My Eyebrow Wood Pencil in 03 / Brown (PHP150 for two when on sale) to shape my eyebrows. After which, I use the Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake in 2호 / Grey Brown from Skin Food (PHP180) to fill in my eyebrows and give them body. Many of my friends already know this, but I absolutely cannot leave my house if I don’t have my eyebrows on.
Moving on to the eye makeup, I use a three to four step process daily.
- First I apply highlighter (Missha The Style Definish Blusher in BE01 / Satin Beige) on the brow bone and on the center of my eyelid to define the areas.
- After this, I apply either The Face Shop‘s Single Matte Shadow (PK01 / Vintage Rose) or Tony Moly Eyetone Single Shadow – Shimmer Type in (S03 / Dressy Beige). More often than not though, I use the former of the two since there aren’t many days that I feel too into shimmer shadows and because the highlighter already gives my eye that “glittery pop”.
- Thereafter, I line my eyes using my Menow Pro Dynamic Liquid Eyeliner (Black).
- Lastly, I curl my eyelashes and apply my mascara. I’ve gone through several products already since it’s mandatory to change your mascara every three (3) months, but the product I’m currently using is Benefit‘s Roller Lash Styling & Curling Mascara.
After all the eye makeup is done, I brush on some blush to restore color into my skin. For this, I use The Face Shop‘s Lovely Me:ex Cushion Blusher in 05 / Vivid Peach. There are days though that I do some shading on the edges of my face (particularly my jaw area) and for that I use Etude House Face Color Corset in 5호 / Tight Shading Corset.
To cap it all off, I swipe on some product on my lips. I like using nude, pink, and coral shades but of all the products I own, I chose to use Etude House‘s Bling Me Prism Color in Liquid Lips in the shade OR206 / Spangle in Coral.
…Ta-da! It was a lengthy process but my daily makeup routine is done!
Next week I’ll be doing a review on all the products that I use for my daily routine, and recommend my top 3 / favorite products from the list!