Happy April, everyone!
Just like that, we’ve reached the fourth month of the year. I hope everyone had a good April Fools’ Day–hopefully you weren’t at the receiving end of a terrible prank this year!
This week I’ll be unveiling my lip product collection! I will say that it’s pretty extensive (bordering on excessive) but I absolutely love lip products. So even if I probably can only use one product per day, I now proudly own over 50 different lip products.
So here goes…
In this post I’ll be enumerating and introducing most of my lip products. I’ll save the swatching and recommendations for another post, since swatching 50+ products would need a lot of time, arm space, and make up remover…yikes.
I started buying lip products in 2015 (back when I lived in Korea) but then I had around two or three products that I completely relied on to make my lips pop. From then I started buying one to two products each time–voila, i’m now up to 50+ products. As you can see, I’m a big fan of the nudes, pinks, and corals. I rarely go for dark colors, but I do own one or two each of the deep red and berry colors in case the need arises.
I’ve divided my lip product collection into the following sub-collections: matte lip products, satin lip products, and glosses, tints, and balms.
So among the sub-collections within the larger collection of lip products, this is arguably the largest and most extensive. Blame it on the whole trend of matte liquid lipsticks that was started by Kylie Jenner, but over the past year I amassed 30+ different matte lipsticks (which is two-thirds of my collection)!
I’ll be enumerating each of the lip products, so be prepared to scroll from here on (it’s going to be a pretty long list):
- M.A.C. Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo
- Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Coral Crush
- Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Bare With Me
- The Balm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Hughes in Doting
- Kylie Cosmetics Liquid Matte Lipstick in Vixen
- Kylie Cosmetics Liquid Matte Lipstick in Love Bite
- Kylie Cosmetics Liquid Matte Lipstick in Angel
- Kylie Cosmetics Liquid Matte Lipstick in in Kristen
- Kylie Cosmetics Liquid Matte Lipstick in Ginger
- Kylie Cosmetics Liquid Matte Lipstick in Moon
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Trap
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Time Square
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Beeper
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Bumble
- Colourpop Matte Lippie Stix in Brink
- Colourpop Matte Lippie Stix in LBB
- Colourpop MatteX Lippie Stix in Trust Me…
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood
- Kylie Cosmetics Lipkit (Liquid Matte Lip + Lip Liner) in Pumpkin
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Addis Ababa
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Seoul
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in San Juan
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Amsterdam
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Manila
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Ibiza
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Tokyo
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Milan
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Buenos Aires
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Stockholm
- Kissproof Matte Lipstick #15
- Kissproof Matte Lipstick #09
So those are all the brands and shades of matte lip products that are in the picture above–as I mentioned I’ll be swatching each of the collections in my next few posts. Among the 31, however, I use the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cremes the most, because they’re portable and easy to apply…they don’t dry my lips one bit!
Next in my collection are my satin lip products. These are actually more for my everyday use, since they aren’t notorious for drying your lips, but still give you the almost-matte finish. Among these, my favorite would be Colourpop’s Ultra Satin Liquid Lippies, simply because they’re kinder to your lips than their Ultra Matte counterparts, yet still last you nearly the whole day. The list of for my satin products will be much shorter (although I’m contemplating getting more of these sometime soon):
- Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 13 Marvelous Mauve
- Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 14 Blackberry Sorbet
- Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Screenshot
- Colourpop x Jenn Im Ultra Satin Lip in Dohee
- Colourpop Satin Lippie Stix in Button
- Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in 235 Warm Me Up
- Maybelline SoNude ColorSensational Lipstick in NU37
- Maybelline Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick in MAT12
Last but not the least are my glosses, balms, and tints! Although I started my collection with these products, because of the fact that I only have so few of each one, I’ve decided to bunch them all up into one category.
I used to be a big fan of glosses when I was younger, but they’re a hit and miss for me. Sometimes they’re just too loud, or don’t tint enough on their own, so I use them as a topper when my lippie needs that extra oomph.
- Kylie Cosmetics Gloss in So Cute
- Forever21 High Shine Gloss in Hot Pink
- Forever21 High Shine Gloss in Red
- Forever21 High Shine Gloss in Pink
Needless to say, balms are a necessity for me. I absolutely cannot live without them and need them to keep my lips from chapping and breaking up. Some lip products have the tendency to be harsh, so it’s important to a balm or a primer this before (in the case of matte and satin products) or after (in the case of tints) to prevent your lips from drying out.
- Colourpop Lip Primer
- LipIce Strawberry Lip Balm
- Nature Republic Natural Butter Lip Balm in Mango
Tints are my first love in terms of lip products–when I first got interested in lip products, I immediately turned to tints due to the Korean gradient lip trend. Tints are always an easy fix for me and to be honest, are more common in my daily routine than my matte or satin lip products are because they don’t transfer to my food. Though I have more matte and satin lip products now, there is no way I can get rid or trade away my lip tints.
- Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain in Frenzy
- Innisfree Glow Tint Stick in Coral-tinted Spring
- Seatree Lovely Girl Dual Lip Crayon in 02 Sun Kiss
- The Saem Saemmul Real Tint in Red
- LaBiotte Wine Lip Tint in OR01 Chardonnay Orange
- Too Cool For School Milk Tint in 01 Milky Pink
- Too Cool For School Milk Tint in 02 Milky Orange
Although some products aren’t here (they’re currently in my bag, or in some other make up kit), this is pretty much my entire lip product collection… but keep in mind that this is continuously growing!
Much as I’d like to say I’m completely satisfied with all the colors that I have–there are times that a new lip product or shade comes out and I just can’t help myself…
Though, you can expect a post with swatches, reviews, and recommendations soon!